Friday, July 1, 2011

Who What When Where Why

Earlier this summer, my grandma, Cheryl, and I decided to get together for lunch. While this was in no way strange, my suggestion that we shake things up by skipping our usual Chinese joint and going somewhere new was unprecedented and enthusiastically accepted.  Being partial to Mexican food, we decided to try La Jolla, a place I had seen driving to and from my job at the Indianapolis Art Center, but had never actually been to.

We had a fantastic meal, and began making plans to visit other restaurants in the area. Walking back through Broad Ripple, we started talking about how fun it would be to keep track of our favorite meals and writing about our various experiences. And so we decided to start a blog where we could keep a commentary on the food scene of Broad Ripple. We both figured there were other such blogs, but after an exhaustive search, I was left to concluded that there were no foodie blogs solely dedicated to Broad Ripple. I found several on the arts, bars, and politics of the town, but couldn't turn up more than a passing mention of area restaurants in similar posts.


Since we didn't go into La Jolla ready to blog about it, we are going to have to go back (much to our chagrin, I assure you) in order to do a full post. Our only rule is that the restaurant has to be in the Broad Ripple area, so feel free to leave us suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment